Step 1: Prepare for Success
Take the time to find out if your idea is viable. Who will buy your product or service? What’s happening in your industry?
Step 2: Plan Your Business
Good business planning keeps you focused, and can be the difference between failure and success.
- Take a business planning class
- Write a business plan
- Talk to a business planning counselor
Step 3: Register and License Your Business
You’ll need to go through several steps to make sure your business can operate legally.
Other helpful resources:
- Maryland Checklist for New Businesses
- City of Baltimore Business Permits and Licenses
- City of Baltimore City Agencies, Quasi-Agencies & City Affiliates; use the Baltimore SourceLink Resource Navigator for even more business development resources
- City of Baltimore industry specific business guides listed on the homepage.