The Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds was established in 2012 for the purpose of providing gap funding for non-profits in the Baltimore community.
All eligible organizations are encouraged to apply!
- Have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or a fiscal agent
- Serve Baltimore region
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, color, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation
Grant requests to not exceed $3,500
The purpose to which Mitzvah Fund monies may be applied are broadly defined. Proposal may include funding for unrestricted needs, transportation, staffing, etc. Previous grants have included:
- COVID-19 at-home kits for students to read, learn and play
- Resource cards to distribute with meals for families in need
- Creating a diverse library at a local school
The Mitzvah Fund does not make grants for:
- Start-up organizations
- Capital campaigns, building construction, renovations or other capital projects
- Multiple years
- Institution of higher education
- Projects that do not serve the Baltimore region
This fund accepts grant proposals on a rolling basis as funds are available.