Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council
The Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council (CRMSDC) was established in 1972 and is one of 23 regional affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) – the only nationally recognized MBE certifying authority. (For information about the NMSDC, go to www.nmsdc.org.)
Our MISSION is to assist our corporate members in improving the diversification and innovation of their supply chains by connecting them to well developed, certified minority business enterprises.
To achieve our mission, we will:
- Certify – Conduct a rigorous, multi-phased document review and interview process to ensure that each supplier is at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by an ethnic minority.
- Develop – Maintain a robust education and training system designed to promote increased business acumen and capacity building among MBEs.
- Connect – Promote a series of flagship networking events and outreach activities to facilitate professional interaction between Corporate Members and MBEs
- Advocate – Provide our members with access to a database featuring a plethora of viable entrepreneurs with which they can do business, then proactively recommend MBEs to meet the needs of our members.
CRMSDC provides Corporate Members and NMSDC certified Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) with a thriving ecosystem pulsing with progressive opportunities to grow, partner, and develop their capabilities and their inherent entrepreneurial spirits.
Additionally, CRMSDC is boasts a Business Consortium of entities that provides our clients unprecedented triple access to new regional, national, and global business opportunities by uniting three powerful entities:
CRMSDC: The premier 501(c)3 organization that promotes contract opportunities between minority business enterprises and corporate America. The Nation’s leading certification organization for the private sector.
MBDA Business Center: A U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) entity that provides personalized assistance in securing public and private sector contracts with additional help in securing capital, forming strategic alliances, and other business building activities.
MBDA Federal Procurement Center: Another U.S. Department of Commerce MBDA entity and only organization focused solely on helping minority businesses gain access to federal contracting opportunities, key contacts, and business intelligence in order to successfully compete for and win government contracts.
Headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, CRMSDC and its MBDA Centers offer services to ethnic minority businesses in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Northern Virginia.
- Business Plan Consulting, Development and Review
Selling to the Government and Large Corporations
- Obtaining Government Contracts
- Selling to Foreign Governments & Businesses
- Subcontracting Opportunities
- Women, Minority & Business Disadvantaged Certification