Operation Hope Baltimore
HOPE Inside is a unique empowerment model that brings free financial dignity programming to underserved communities. Clients are counseled on the language of money and work with an Operation HOPE financial wellbeing coach to transform established financial mindsets and develop customized action plans around raising their FICO scores, building their own businesses, buying homes, or simply making better decisions with the money they have.
Programs include credit and money management, homebuyer preparedness, and entrepreneurship training. Every office holds consumer credit counseling certification, CFPB, FDIC, U.S. SBA, EITC, HUD, and FEMA applications and partnerships. Through the HOPE-700-Credit-Score-Communities initiative, the focus on raising client FICO scores to 700 is at the foundation of all HOPE Inside programming.
Truist Bank (Formally known as SunTrust and BB&T) has partnered with Operation HOPE to sponsor this HOPE Inside location. All programs are offered at no cost to clients.
CREDIT AND MONEY MANAGEMENT
When you join a HOPE-700-Credit-Score-Communities group you will take classes with other individuals who are looking to improve their FICO scores. These classes will help you move your credit score to the 700+ range. You will learn the basics of making a budget, how to read a credit report, and what can be done to correct errors that may negatively affect your credit rating. The workshop, led by a financial wellbeing coach, will also cover your rights as a consumer, and how to make the most of them.
- Paying off debt and saving money
- Understanding your FICO score
- How to read your credit report
- Your rights as a consumer
- Settling accounts
- Disputing inaccurate information
The Small Business Development Program is designed to help individuals start or grow their businesses. Building a business requires time, effort, and the right tools to succeed. Most importantly, it requires a plan. Participants can attend the Small Business Workshop, enroll in the Entrepreneurship Training Program, and request one-on-one technical assistance.
- Advantages & disadvantages of business ownership
- Questions to consider when starting a business
- What you will need to start a business
- Components of a business plan
- How to access startup funding
The Entrepreneurship Training Program is an 8-week course that provides entrepreneurs with simple, practical information to help them succeed. A variety of guest speakers supplement course module topics. Topics include evaluating feasibility, selecting a business name, establishing business identity, conducting market research, advertising, securing startup funding, types of distribution channels, and accessing business capital. Each participant will complete a business plan by the end of the course.
- Business Plan Consulting, Development and Review
- Feasibility Studies
- Forming a Business
- Market Plan Development
- Market Research
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Loan Providers (Specialty)
- Budget, Financial Statements and Cash Flow Training
- Business Management Training
- Business Plan Training and Assistance
- Marketing Plan Development and Training
- Startup Classes
- Strategic Planning
Starting a Business
- Business Research Resources
- Forming a Business
- Home-Based Business Training
- Startup Business Counseling
- One-on-One Counseling