This workshop will help nonprofit leaders understand the legal and practical considerations of running a nonprofit. This is a live workshop with limited registration to allow time for questions and individual attention. The $75 price of the workshop includes refreshments and a copy of the How to Start a Nonprofit in Maryland manual.
Who should attend?
• Community leaders who are currently members of – or plan to start – a small nonprofit organization
• Any organization seeking legal assistance through Community Law Center with an issue related to organizational formation, attendance at the workshop is required before the organization will be assigned an attorney through Community Law Center.
What will be covered?
• Starting a nonprofit organization
• Maintaining your organization’s legal status
• Writing and revising articles of incorporation and bylaws; applying for 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
For more information: http://communitylaw.org/training-events/workshops/