Day 1: UI and Structure
Objective: To learn why React matters and to understand basic React concepts of components, props, and children.
By the end of day-1 students will be able to:
- Understand what React is and why it’s useful
- Build basic UI components
- Know what props are and how to use them
- Understand how child components work
- Style components in React
Day 2: Data and Events
Objective: To learn how to pass around and change data in React, and gain a starting knowledge to containers
By the end of day-2 students will be able to:
- Explain the difference between props and state
- Utilize events and handlers to change state
- Understand React’s lifecycle methods
- Create and use basic data containers
Is this for Me?
This workshop is ideal for:
- Experienced web developers who are looking to learn about and start using React
To gain the most out of this workshop, participants must:
- Know enough HTML to create a simple webpage
If you are unsure if this is workshop will be a good fit, please complete this short online coding challenge: https://goo.gl/forms/TtRUPof7nGj5Eay63
What do I need to bring?
This workshop will be held at Betamore’s City Garage campus at 101 W. Dickman Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Parking is available onsite.